Thursday, June 23, 2016

Bard College and A New Story

Well, I'm up in New York for the weekend at Bard College to have faculty training for the Citizen Science Program. I'll be a faculty member for the 2017 class of freshman next January. It's an exciting and innovative new program where all Bard freshman, regardless of major, take two weeks of science coursework between the fall and spring semesters. I'll get a chance to teach history and art students the fine 'art' of scientific experimentation and hypothesis-driven research. It should be a great opportunity to get a different perspective on science in the community and in the real world. It will also help me hone my teaching skills and give me the chance to promote science literacy. I've really been looking forward to this. There are 26 other faculty members and I've met most of them now and they are all exceptional people.

In other news, a short horror story of mine, called The Alchemist's Final Experiment, was picked up by the new magazine publisher ECM Network. The story is featured in issue 4 of their magazine, called A Darker Dawn, and can be purchased for $3 and downloaded to your e-reader in a .pdf. If you're curious about my writing and want to help get this publisher off their feet, please think about getting a copy! All proceeds to the magazine and there are other featured short stories and fiction work by upcoming horror authors. You can also browse the editorials, short poems, and original artwork.

That's all for now. Go Poland at the Euro Cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment