Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Fresh Page

It's been a long time since I've attempted to blog. Most of my efforts the past year and a half have been focused on finishing up graduate school, finding a job, and working on various projects here and there. But I feel it is time to start blogging again.

There are several reasons for this, including the shameless self-promotion of anything that I will hopefully publish. But I also want to write about the journey as I develop as a writer and hopefully this platform will interest me and....who knows, maybe somebody else.

A little bit about me: during the day I am a postdoctoral researcher at the National Institutes of Health. I research genetic causes of essential hypertension and the genetic changes that occur within our bodies as we age.

But at night I am an adventurer, a space captain, and the lone survivor of a forgotten war! Not really. But I like to write about those things and I hope they will entertain others someday. This blog will archive my success and failure at honing my craft and serve as a nice little soapbox to brag every now and then. I live mainly in the realms of science fiction and fantasy but I've tried some other fiction and we'll see how it goes.

I would also appreciate and love any input you may have. Tell me if you liked my stories, or hated them, or share something interesting you have read lately! Feel free to comment here or email me at any time, theripplesintime@gmail.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment